Cass County Electric Cooperative is a not-for-profit, member owned electric distribution system, serving more than 39,000 consumers in a 10-county area in southeastern North Dakota.
The mission of Cass County Electric Cooperative is to meet our members' energy needs with excellent service consisting of reliable and affordable electricity while upholding our core values of integrity, innovation, accountability and commitment to community.
CCEC Facts as of January 2014
- 39,897 total accounts
- 5,706 rural services
- 17,770 urban residential homes
- 11,660 system wide apartments
- 4,087 small commercial
- 22 large commercial
- 456 public street highway lighting
- 196 irrigation
- 10,639 devices in load management program
- 48,501 total meters
- 4,783 miles of line
- 2,982 miles of overhead line
- 1,801 miles of underground line
- 33 substations
- 1,122,140,598 kWh sold in 2013 - Record
- $106,380,034 in revenue in 2013 - Record
- 93 full-time employees
- Organized in 1937
- Service in all or parts of Cass, Barnes, Traill, Richland, Ransom, Sargent, Dickey, LaMoure, Steele and Stutsman Counties
- Chairman of the Board: Wendy Loucks, Fargo, N.D.
- President/Chief Executive Officer: Scott Handy, Fargo, N.D.
- Wholesale power supply from Minnkota Power Cooperative, Grand Forks, N.D.
- Power Mix
- 32% Wind
- 10% Hydro
- 55% ND Lignite Coal
- 3% Other
To learn more about Cass County Electric, please visit other areas on www.kwh.com. If you have any questions, please call us at 800-248-3292.